June 13, 2011

Series 4 Colognes by Comme des Garcons

I always look for something interesting - I'm not contented with the usual; I strive to look for what's special.

I use perfumes but I'm not the type who goes to stores to buy one. I'm not really particular about perfume or cologne scents. In all honestly, all the perfume that I own are given to me as gifts. But, don't get me wrong. I do appreciate the scents and the very complicated ordeal of mixing the smell of various things around us.

Comme des Garcons is known for its extraordinary combination of fabrics and cuts in its collections. When I view their collections, I immediately see the attention to details to complete the cohesion of the different looks. The people behind the brand was able to channel the avant garde look of the brand with the peculiar combination of scents for their perfumes and colognes. Oddly enough, their very unique line of cologne totally captured my olfactory.

The Series 4 Cologne of Comme des Garcons consists of Anbar, Citrico, and Vettiveru. Although this has been in the market for a couple of years already, this line is not easily available in a lot of countries. These might just be eau de colognes but it has a strong concentrate that will linger longer on your skin. I hope my memory serves me right but a 125 ml glass bottle is at an affordable price of around P2950. The refills (as seen in the photos below) come at 500 ml for around P4,950, with all these being sold exclusively at Adora in Greenbelt 5.

To give you an idea, here is the description of the scents.  
Anbar: Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Clove, Sensual Musks
Citrico: Bergamot, Rosemary, Lemon, Orange Blossom, Neroli
Vettiveru - Italian Bergamot, Cardamon Oil, Neroli Oil, Vetiver of Haiti, Cedarwood, Musk

Personally I love Anbar. At first sniff, you can smell the citrus that is quite strong in its composition. After spraying, it leaves this dry and clean scent on your skin. It provides a subtle masculinity that invigorates the senses. For someone who's not a cologne or perfume fanatic, I really fell for this one.



photo taken from: http://comme-des-garcons-parfum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment