September 14, 2011

Mega Milestone

I’ve been finding a hard time posting something new since I’ve to face the newest and most exciting challenge in my life to date. I needed to fix requirements and start adjusting to start this new step that I will take. Still, I hope to still continue putting new interesting topics and finds constantly.
Fortunately, dreams become reality. Just this week I’ve officially started as the Public Relations and Events Manager for the Mega Publishing Group. Talk about a mega milestone… It’s a total mix of happiness, excitement and anxiety altogether.

I’m very happy to be offered this position. I’ve always wanted to be part of the Mega Publishing Group since I’ve always loved their titles and the stories in the magazines. It's simply exhilarating to be part of the best. Blessings do come and prayers do get heard. I never expected that after three years in my career, I finally will end up working where I’ve always planned. May luck, inspiration, and determination be always on my side.
 
For my first day, in contrast to the stylishness of fashion magazines, I tried to channel my inner Betty Suarez. I realized that I might as well play around with the joke. I couldn't de-glamorize myself so I simply took inspiration. The unconquerable Betty donned her famous thick eyeglasses and her signature colorful “Guadalajara” poncho on her first day at Mode. I went a little monochromatic dabbling mostly in black and white with my shawl vest with ethnic print and my dark Ferragamo aviators. If Betty was playful, I wanted to be fierce. 

Amidst all this, I will be forever thankful for Ms. Sari Yap for trusting in my capabilities and potentials. Her recommendation led me to my current post. Everybody at Mega Publishing has extended the warmest welcome and I look forward to my most anticipated challenge to date.

1 comment: